18 May 2013

Taking time to "look through the view finder"....



When you look at the picture above, what is the first thing you notice?  (aside from the dust) What I DON'T see is the blade, it was moving too fast to be captured in the picture and it got me thinking.  Our life is alot like that fan blade, it moves so fast that sometimes you can't see it.  BUT if you really try and focus on the fan blade, you can get a glimpse of it as is zooms by.  The only time you can really see the blade is when the fan stops.

Our life is like that right now...turned on and sometimes turned on high speed.  Morgan is playing netball twice a week and swimming three days.  Addie is doing dance twice a week.  Both have piano lessons, homework and friends.  I have some how managed to fill my time by volunteering for too much, and exercising (NOT too much).  And Dustin of course is working and working out.  Whew some weeks fly by and I am not sure how we even got through it.  The days and months keep blending into one.

I love the activity and the busy, but sometimes we ALL just need to stop and look around.  See what we have to be thankful for, see the beauty around us and cherish all of this experience.

With all of that being said, I am taking a friend's idea and elaborating on it.  I would like to take one picture a day and post it to this blog.  Not all will have a life message, but all will be about our life.  I figure if I make this my goal, then I will be forced to slow down for at least 10 minutes to reflect on the day, all the while practicing my photography skills.

So in the meantime, slow down and try to see the blades....

HUGS and SMILES =)
Amy Jean

1 comment: