22 December 2013

I finally figured it out...

I am 37 years old (about to be 38) and am for the first time in my life okay with my body.

To most I have seemed confident and self assured, and for the most part I am, just not with my body image.  While I have never really had a weight issue, I still was not satisfied with how I looked.  As with most women, there was always something I would change about myself.  And I usually complained about it, but never really did anything.

BUT I figured it out, I was complacent.  I did nothing about it.  Sure I would try to eat right and "maybe" exercise.  But in the end, I really didn't take accountability for how I treated myself.

So this is not earth shattering news, but the minute you start empowering yourself and really do something that makes you feel good, you will feel better about yourself.

For me it was starting an exercise routine and sticking with it.  I am still not skinny mini, but I have gotten toned and I am seeing results and I am proud of myself.  That is the biggest part of this…I am PROUD of myself and am ok with my body.  Because at the end of the day, I know that I am doing something that makes me feel good and at the same time and being healthy.

Now, let's be honest, I would have NEVER had made the time to do this for myself back home.  I just wouldn't…and I know that.  But I was given this amazing opportunity and what started out as something to do socially has become something I look forward to doing.

The BEST part about this journey is that my girls are seeing both Dustin and I live a healthy lifestyle.  We do not discuss weight or being "fat"….we stress being healthy and being active.  Hopefully they will continue be active in their life, but more importantly I want them to be confident about themselves and their bodies.  To respect themselves, to be empowered, and be strong.

So to my friends back home, hold me accountable….ask me how my exercise routine is going…let me work out with you, join me in working out and help me continue this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment