04 February 2012

Christmas in February?

So when we say we are starting over in Australia, we really mean we are starting over.  Since the electrical outlets and voltage are different between the two countries, NONE of our appliances will work here in Australia without either 1. A transformer or 2. an adapter.    It is really not feasible to buy adapters for everything in your house, so that means I GET TO GO SHOPPING! 

At first I was a bit overwhelmed.  Think about everything in your house that needs to be plugged in..we have to replace it.  That means everything from TVs to power cords to night lights to dryers, and beyond. So being the bargain shopper that I am, I went on the search for the best deals.  It seems that we will be purchasing our Fridge, dishwasher, TV, washer and dryer from one store.  With the exception of the dishwasher, most of the appliances here are smaller than what we are used to back home....go figure.  So trying to find a fridge that was big enough for us PLUS had an ice maker was difficult.  Our options were limited.  However, I think we will wind up getting a pretty good deal on these appliances.

BUT the exciting news is the deal I got at Target today....EVERY small appliance was on sale...my dream come true.  So after reading the Target ad, and consulting the maps, off to Target I went.  I was giddy with an anticipation that can only be compared to Black Friday shopping.  As I was loading up my cart, I noticed that many people were looking at me...yes I AM that crazy American.  I am ok with that though...I will work it to my advantage and get away with quite a bit.  

So Christmas has come early in the Collier household...today I got a crockpot, toaster, blender, iron, kettle, and Xbox....okay the last one was not necessary, BUT it was on sale ;)  

Plus I got Just Dance 3 for free....gotta love a deal =)


No worries, when you come for a visit, I will be happy to make you a cup of train my kettle and a home cooked meal in my crock pot!!! After dinner we can DANCE!!

Hugs to all
XOXOX



No comments:

Post a Comment