13 April 2012

Its name was Freo, and it's a city by the sea...

So in my mind, that title was sung to the tune "Her name was Rio..." But onto the point of this post.  Addie had a puppet class today in Freemantle (Freo), so instead of driving back home, we decided to explore.

Once we got down there, we were completely surprised by what we found.  Freemantle is a wonderful historic city. Mixed in between with the old buildings were new department stores and quaint shops.  Dustin, Morgan, and I strolled up and down the streets popping into whichever store looked interesting.  It was nice to window shop and just look.

What was even nicer was to spend time with Dustin and Morgan.  Just talking and being with each other.... Morgan had our undivided attention.  I love those times with her.  She asks the best questions...like today "Mom, if you could stay any age forever, what would it be?"  Wow, that made me pause and think....(I am still thinking of my answer).

We spent 6 hours down in Freemantle, shopping, eating, and just sitting and people watching.  I really like Fremantle, and really liked my day.

Next time I am taking the train to Freemantle to explore the city.  Cannot wait =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment