19 April 2012

Say Cheese...

Since moving to Perth, I realized that I need to put together a bucket list of things that I would like to do while here. Not only am I in a new country, but since I am staying home, I will have more time.  I need to feel productive while I stay home or I am going to go crazy....Here are a few:

1.  Parasail
2.  See a kangaroo
3.  Visit the BIG rock....not sure the real name
4.  Travel to New Zealand, Singapore, Melbourne
5.  Visit the Sydney Opera House
6.  Become a better baker
7.  Get fit
8.  Whale watching
9.  Visit the Outback
10.  Learn photography

The last thing on my list is to learn how to use my SLR camera.  It is one of those things that you buy that you never really take the time to learn what to do with it beyond the basics.  At least that is what I did.   So since there scenery is here and I want to chronicle all of our adventures, I decided this would a be a good hobby to try.  I signed up for a photography class on May 11th.  It is a full day course where we are taught our cameras, lighting techniques, finding that perfect picture etc.

When I think about it, photography seems like a natural hobby for me.  I love memories and traveling down memory lane.  I want to be able to capture special moments for my girls that tell stories they can remember forever.

Be prepared to see a lot of random, useless photos because I am going to eat up my memory card taking TONS of pictures.  I really am excited.  Hopefully I will learn a lot of new things, become a better photographer and capture amazing memories!

As far as my other items on my bucket list...it is going to be an ongoing list.  I will let you know what I add!!

Hugs
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment