06 May 2012

Can you hear the music???

Between taking the girls back and forth to school and running errands I spend a lot of time in my car.  I usually have the radio on and have been flipping through channels to find my favorite station.  One station  plays "oldies".  The radio was on this particular station when a song came on that gave me flashbacks to one of MANY nights spent dancing in  my garage with Gretchen ;) ....the song?  "Flo-rida's Low.  I realized that many of my memories could be associated with a certain song or bang.  For example:

"Rolling on the River"...Kelly Kyle and I used to ALWAYS sing this song while riding on her scooter.
"Diddy by Paperboy"....Katie Grothoff and I would listen to that until we got EVERY word right.
Any Pearl Jam song...Kevin Martens, you were obsessed with Pearl Jam.
"Getting' Jiggy with it"...Spring Break when I met Dustin ;) (with LeeAnne and Angela)
"Chicken Fried"....The Breaux Family because I tried to sing that song at the Crawfish Boil...I knew SOME of the words
"Tik Tok" by Kesha...Courtney Terry, sorry Addie taught your daughter the words to that one.
"Stayin Alive"...Andree Falast, it is your favorite!
"Rumpshaker"...Andree Falast, because we shook ours in college!!!
"Temptations"....Lynn Collier, she loves any song by them!
"Old Time Rock and Roll"...this reminds me of my parents because we would listen to their old records and at Camp Goddard in 5th grade I sang this.
"Broken Road by Rascall Flats"....My brother and Michele's wedding song.  I can see them dancing ;)
"Eye of the Tiger"...I have two memories....2nd grade in New Jersey listening to the band play this while sitting on a metal folding chair....AND the halls of Hamilton Middle School.

The list could go on and on...because there are SO many songs and so many moments that I can recall.  That is the beauty of music...no matter how technology changes, music will always be around.  The format may change, but the song does not.

Know that I may not talk to each of you everyday, but rest assured that I do THINK about everyone.  It may be at the most random of times, but it happens.

Oh and do you have a song that reminds you of me?  I would love to know which one.....

Hugs Always

No comments:

Post a Comment